COLLECTION 'DOES IT ALL' 5 IN 1 MASCARA | REVIEW

09:39 prplsgr 0 Comments





A week or so ago I found myself in need of a new mascara after well and truly scraping out the last of my Maybelline 'The Falsies'. Not wanting to do the usual and spend £8-£12 on a new mascara, I thought I'd have a look around the cheaper end of the scale and was drawn to Collection (previously Collection 2000).

Behold! The 5 in 1 mascara, which aims to: curl, volumize, lengthen, condition and stay put, quite a lot to live up to.

The first thing that came to mind when I saw the brush was - Benefit's 'They're Real' mascara - a plastic spiky wand with smaller bristles on the end to cover every lash. Now this mascara was £4.99 whilst Benefit's retails at £19.50, quite a difference in price but is it any good?

I like the formula of this - too many lower-end mascaras that I've tried go crispy and flaky, leaving me with stiff looking lashes or dark smudges on my lower lash line, but not this one, a definite tick in the 'conditioning' and 'staying put' boxes.

It certainly curls lashes as well, this isn't something I personally look for in a mascara, however if you do like a bit of curl this gives a nice lift that stays put relatively well. As far as lengthening goes, it does a pretty good job, and after 2 coats my lashes look considerably fuller, but not 'spidery'.

For volume, again I'd say it was ok - my lashes are fairly sparse so it's relatively difficult for me to comment on this accurately!

Overall I think this is a great everyday mascara, and whilst I probably prefer Benefit's original, this is a pretty good dupe for a fraction of the price.

> Link here for the mascara < - £4.99, Superdrug (Ultra Black, 17)


0 comments: