RIMMEL EXAGGERATE UNDERCOVER SHADOW PRIMER | REVIEW

19:57 prplsgr 0 Comments









After finally coming to terms with the fact my Nars Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base had offered me all it could, I knew it was time to move on, only this time to something a little less bank-breaking.

Having seen a post by Lily Pebbles on the Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer (why do these primers all have such long-winded names?) and how she had likened the formula to Nars', I knew I had to give it a go. Whilst this isn't intended to be a comparison post I think it is useful to see where any differences lie between these two products considering the variation in price (Rimmel: £4.99; Nars: £19).

The most important question to answer here is: how well does this primer work? My answer: incredibly. I don't have super oily skin, but for whatever reason I find I cannot wear eye makeup without a primer because my eyelids are simply too oily and after only an hour or so of wearing eye makeup, it's all somehow shifted upwards to my crease, not the most glamourous of looks. Having used both the Nars primer and Urban Decay's Primer Potion in the past, Nars' was the only one that actually kept everything in place throughout the day.

Personally, I don't think these have the same consistency - Nars' is much creamier though it does blend out evenly. Rimmel's has a much thinner, more watery formula, which left me feeling sceptical at first, however it actually blended really nicely and was very easy to apply makeup on top of. Aside from the slight difference in formula these are very similar products - I also prefer these translucent primers as opposed to those like Urban Decay and MAC that use specific colours, these are much more versatile. Rimmel's packaging might not look as glamourous, but both use a doe-foot applicator which I use to apply the product straight to the lid then blend out with my finger. 

I am honestly amazed at how well this low-end primer works and it really goes to show you don't always need to shed out a load of money for great results.



0 comments: