REVIEW | L'ORÉAL PARIS EAU DE TEINT NUDE MAGIQUE FOUNDATION

22:21 prplsgr 2 Comments








A few months ago I was looking for a relatively cheap, everyday foundation and came across this in Boots - I'd been impressed by L'Oréal Paris's True Match foundation so decided to give this a try for a lighter look (also I'm a sucker for any low-end foundation that comes in a glass bottle - it seems so much classier!).

I've been waiting to review this for quite a while now, but wanted to give it a fair test run before I made my mind up on it. For a little background information, this is L'Oréal Paris's latest foundation, retailing at around £9.99 for a 20ml bottle. There are only 6 shades in total, which I find slightly disappointing as most of the shades were much too dark for my skin tone, not a problem I've encountered before. I ended up choosing 110 'Warm Ivory', though I should probably have chosen the lighter shade (which is the lightest of the collection) as I still find this is slightly too dark for me.

Despite the limited shade selection, on the whole I'm fairly impressed with this. The coverage is light, as you might expect, but is surprisingly buildable meaning any redness, particularly in the centre of my face, was almost totally covered, but not smothered and cakey. One issue I did have with this occurred on a particularly dry skin day however, when I noticed that it really stuck to any dry bits and actually made it a little bit worse (a good old exfoliate prior to application should solve this).

The finish is satin/matte and very 'fresh' looking, unlike some matte finishes can be. Personally I didn't need to use a powder with this and it let just enough of my natural oils show through so as not to leave my skin looking dull and lifeless. L'Oréal actually claim that this foundation is lighter than water (don't believe them? Here's some handy video evidence for you) and it certainly feels that way on the skin, though I do feel my skin has to be at its most moisturised for it to appear 'invisible'.

On reading some other reviews I noticed people had commented on the lack of a pump for application , however I haven't found this to be an issue at all. Personally, I would follow the instructions on the back of the bottle (they even created a video to demonstrate, how thoughtful) - whilst I usually prefer to apply my foundation with a brush, the warmth of your fingers will make blending this into the skin much easier, as is often the case with very watery foundations. I think the lack of pump is only an issue if you're going to be applying this to the back of your hand first, as it is very watery and can be a tad messy.

Overall I'd say I like this foundation, I'm certainly not in love with it but it works well for me as part of a quick, everyday makeup routine. Definitely give it a try if you're in the market for a light coverage matte foundation.

P.S. I also hear this is a dupe for the Armani Maestro foundation, however I've not tried it out - let me know if you have and what your thoughts are!




2 comments:

  1. I totally agree! It's a nice foundation and perfect if you're in a rush and don't need too much coverage. Great review!

    http://fashion-form.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Nice to find something light like this for everyday use. Thanks very much! x

      Delete