BUTTER ME UP | CLINIQUE DEEP COMFORT BODY BUTTER

11:29 prplsgr 0 Comments


Sometimes, beauty tasks can require a little more effort than we're willing to put in. For example, the thought of taking your make up off when you're already comfy and warm in bed - this has led to a case of second day makeup face more times than I'd like to admit. Another task that I feel can be neglected due to the 'can't be bothered' attitude is moisturising, and I'm not talking about the 10 seconds it takes to dab on and rub in your daily face moisturiser, I'm referring to that laborious, time consuming, all over body treatment. I know, it can be a real pain in the arse.

For the past few months, I've been putting in more of an effort to moisturise my body, not necessarily every day, but certainly every few days (which is a significant improvement on past beauty habits) and I can not only feel but also see the results this has had on my oh so grateful skin.

Whilst I've been using various moisturisers and body butters over this time, one that I've been using most recently has already pushed aside all other competitors to become my new favourite. Enter, the Clinique Deep Comfort Body Butter.

If you've used Clinique products before you probably won't be surprised to know that this doesn't have a scent, or at least nothing that I can pick up, but that's what makes it so perfect for me for everyday use, I don't feel like a walking perfume display overwhelming all who must encounter me. The consistency is also spot on, not thick and heavy so that it takes half the day before it's fully absorbed, but also not thin and useless. It's absorbed almost instantly, leaving the skin feeling ultimately very silky and smooth, though not greasy as some body butters can be.

This just seems to me to be the ultimate Winter body treatment, perfect for dry skin and well worth the extra minute or so in the morning for application. So do your body a favour and get moisturising on your list of New Year's Resolutions (you'll be thanking me come 2015).



0 comments: