VALENTINES DAY MAKEUP LOOKS

10:37 prplsgr 0 Comments


Whilst I unfortunately can't be with my boyfriend this Valentine's Day (no romantic dinner in the South of France, at least until next week) that hasn't stopped me from having fun with a couple of makeup looks for the occasion. With both of these looks I had dinner/evening plans in mind, one is however more glamorous whilst the other is more relaxed but still allows you to have a play around with some eyeshadows.


This is, what I feel is, a very classic romantic look with a statement red lip with big fluttery lashes. Other than the lashes, the eyes are kept basic so that the red lip is the centre of attention. The same applies to the base - I think we all know this anyway, but just as a reminder, when going bold only choose one feature, keep the rest simple or it becomes drag!

As a quick run through for the base, I used Rimmel's Lasting Finish foundation for a medium coverage with a matte finish, Vichy Dermablend Concealer under my eyes to cover my dark circles, and finally L'Oréal Glam Bronze to lightly contour my cheeks. I wanted the base to be simple, which is why I chose a matte foundation and didn't use any shimmer on my cheeks. This means all the attention is on the classic fluttery eye and the bold red lip.

For the eyes, I used the Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude Palette, with Biscuit all over the lid and Chocolate Milk in the crease, extended to the outer corner and just slightly under the lower lash line. I then lined the outer half of my lower lash line with L'Oréal's Color Riche Le Smoky in Brown Fusion and smudged this out slightly with a very small shader brush (pencil brush would work well!). Next, using L'Oréal's Super Liner Eye Liner, I lined my upper lash line, making it thicker towards the outer corner and with a slight flick at the end. To finish the eyes off, I applied the Katy Perry Punk Princess lashes. Brows were, again, kept simple, so I just filled them in where needed and gave them a little more shape with the L'Oréal Brow Artiste Pencil .

Moving onto the lips, I used a nude lip liner to outline my lips, evening out the shape slightly, then filling them in with this nude colour. The red I used was L'Oréal (seriously only just realising I might have a L'Oréal problem...) Color Riche Julianne's Pure Red lipstick, which has a slight sheen to it, but is a beautiful pinky red.



This look is much softer but as I intended for it to be an evening look I used some darker neutral shades for the eyes which I loved the result of. The base for this was exactly the same as the first look, only I added a tiny bit more bronzer to my cheekbones, temples and just under my chin.

So for this eye look, I used colours from the MUA Heaven and Earth eyeshadow palette, the first of which was Amazonian Bronze all over the lid. I then mixed Rift and Bedrock together and applied this to the crease and again just slightly brought this colour down to the lower lash line. Using a fluffy brush, I blended this out for a soft finish and to make sure the colours blended seamlessly. Again using L'Oréal's Color Riche Le Smoky, I lined my upper and lower lash line with this, then using a small shader brush mixed a little more of Bedrock with Canyon and blended out the liner with this for a subtle smoky defined eye. I applied a couple of coats of a very expensive and hard to come by mascara that can only be bought from an Indonesian village on the first day of Spri-I'm kidding it's L'Oréal again, this time with the Voluminous Mascara.

To finish the look off I dabbed a small amount of Topshop Lips in Nevada (which I can't seem to find on their website, but is a well pigmented pinky nude) and rubbed this into my lips.

And that's it!

I apologise that these aren't the greatest pictures in the world, but hopefully you can see that these are two quite different looks that would be perfect for Valentine's Day or date nights.

0 comments: