Daily Skincare Routine

20:18 prplsgr 0 Comments


Earlier this year I started writing a few posts on some of the products I use in my daily skincare routine but never got round to finishing the series, so before we reach the end of the year it seems like now would be a good time to post about my current skincare routine. There is one other product I would usually use but unfortunately I ran out and haven't had the time or money to pick up another since; it's the Nuxe Aroma Perfection Anti-Imperfection Care which I've now discovered can in fact be purchased in the UK (hallelujah). Despite this absence I am very happy with this current routine as it's relatively straightforward and my skin is feeling and looking mighty happy.

[My skin type is combination oily]


Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser - A well-known and well-loved classic, I started using this again toward the end of summer after trying a few other cleansers that never really compared. The thing I love about this is that it's so gentle but leaves your skin feeling super fresh and clean; the muslin cloth is great for daily exfoliation and removing excess makeup and the cleanser itself is very moisturising, so you aren't left with soapy, sticky-feeling skin. I use this in the morning and evening (in the evening after removing my makeup with eye makeup remover and micellar water).


Clarins One Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser - This is a very gentle scrub that I use 2-3 times per week to give my skin a thorough deep clean. As with all Clarins products this smells beautiful and is also an incredible product; my skin feels so very, very smooth after using this and it does a brilliant job of cleaning my pores.


Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3 (oily combination) - As you can see, I've very nearly reached the end of this toner though it has lasted a good few months. Clinique was one of the first skincare brands I really knew and used, and I was a big fan of their 3 step skincare system (highly recommend for anyone new to skincare) though I always remember this toner as being one of the best parts of the line. I use this in the morning and evening, applying it all over my face with a cotton-wool pad after the Liz Earle cleanser to control excess oil and help fight blemishes and the likes.


Avène Hydrance Optimale Légère - This is my daily moisturiser that I've come back to using again after some time apart. I like this because it works - it hydrates my skin and isn't too greasy for everyday wear - but it's nothing special, though that seems to be true for most Avène products I've used (a friend on mine was actually prescribed their Cold Cream when we were skiing, almost worth burning your lips for). I apply this every morning after all the other steps.


Nuxe Crème Prodigieuse Night | Anti-fatigue Moisturising Cream - For my night cream I've been using this Nuxe moisturiser for the last year or so now since I first discovered it in France (the pharmacies were up there with one of my favourite parts of my year abroad because SKINCARE). This is a lovely, rich cream, exactly what I need for the evenings, as even with slightly oily skin I need to make sure it's well hydrated, especially at this time of year. I apply this every evening after all other steps.

0 comments: